Monday, January 24, 2011

Seek the Lord

First a picture...
That's for you Sara! Yes I actually went OUTSIDE and hung my diapers! :) For those of you who don't know me personally, that's a big deal! I don't like going outside. I don't like hanging clothes, but I did both! YaY! Aren't you proud of me?! LOL

We started our schedule today. Things aren't going tremendously smoothly, but at least they're going. We got the school work done, except for the boys, who need to finish about 3 weeks of math. The girls are still doing a great job with the dishes. We have been working on keeping the house picked up. Been doing pretty good with that too. I was able to get some cloth diapers, pretty cheap, off craigslist. We've been doing cloth during the day, but not at night. I don't know if any of them will be good over night or not, but we'll see. We're just going to try them during the day for now.

I was thinking...Today I have been pretty cranky. I got up and just got started with everything. I really didn't want to, but I did. I kept wondering why everything seems to be going to badly. Then I was trying to pray, really just "God Help Me!" and started thinking...Nothings going right and I didn't do any devotions today. I didn't read my bible, I didn't pray, nothing...So then the thought crossed my mind...I want help from the Lord. I want a good relationship with Him. I want Him to speak to me. I want His guidance. How can I get all that? Through His word. If you don't read His word, how will you know what He wants from you, how will you be lead, how will He speak to you? I know that if you're close with the Lord He can speak in other ways, but how can you be close to Him if you never read His word? The bible is His love letter to us, His guide book, His description. And so then I thought saying I want these things and not reading the Bible is like saying I want to be friends with "____", but never talking to that person, never reading the mail they send you, never answering the phone when they call. And ignoring the prodding of the Lord to read His word because you don't feel like doing it right now, is the same as ignoring the phone when your Best Friend calls, because you're not in the mood. You'll never get anywhere in your life if you don't get close to the Lord. Being stagnant is miserable. We need to move on with our Christian Walk. We need to be close to the Lord to do that. So the answer is simple....Read your Bible, Pray, and seek the Lord's will in your life, in every area.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful encouragement for reading His word! I totally agree.
Blessngs,
Rashel

Naturally Blessed Mama said...

WOW!!! You did better than me! I only went outside to dump the mop water today! You are absolutely right about seeking the Lord, I couldn't have said it better!

Blessings,
sara

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP