Friday, February 11, 2011

Encouragement

"I'm in the depths of despair!" Well, that's how I feel at least :) I know I'm depressed. I know it's hormonal. I know things aren't as bad as they seem. But I still feel lousy. I do not want to be like this. I know others feel like this at times so I wanted to write something encouraging!

A friend and I have both been working on similar goals. We both are having our ups and downs. I truly believe that it's nothing more than satanic attack. Making choices for our, and our families lives that is moving us towards the Lord has opened us up for resistance from the adversary. Well, I for one am not going to let him have the victory in my life! While I may mess up, I will not let my LIFE be a failure! So I am going to put some verses that have been helping me through this time!

1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and His strength, seek His face continually.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said unto me "My grace is sufficient for thee: For my strength is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ will rest upon me.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly of heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Phillipians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.

Phillipians 4:13 I can do ALL things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

2 Thessalonians 3:13 But ye brethren, be not weary in well doing.

Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we will reap if we faint not.


Isaiah 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd; He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Isn't it good to know that the Lord will never leave us? That no matter what we're going through, He is there to help us? I can definitely see/feel a difference though, when I'm seeking Him and when I'm just trying to survive on my own. We really can't do much on our own. We are setting ourselves up for failure when we try. If we seek Him, we will find Him. If we find Him, we will have the peace that passeth all understanding! And it's the peace that passeth all understanding because no one can understand why we're so at peace when our world seems to be crashing down on our heads.

And now, I'll leave you with a song :D

The joy of the Lord is my strength,
The joy of the Lord is my strength,
The joy of the Lord is my strength,
The joy of the Lord is my strength!

He gives me living waters and I thirst no more,
He gives me living waters and I thirst no more,
He gives me living waters and I thirst no more,
The joy of the Lord is my strength!

He fills my heart with laughter HA-HA-HA-HA-HA,
He fills my heart with laughter HA-HA-HA-HA-HA,
He fills my heart with laughter HA-HA-HA-HA-HA,
The joy of the Lord is my strength!

Simple, yet effective :) LOL

No comments:

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP