Friday, February 18, 2011

Hormonal Issues

Hormonal issues...We all have them to varying degrees...Thanks to Eve ;D lol

I have been having issues again so I thought I'd address them in case anyone else might be helped by it :)

For whatever reason my problems get better and worse after each baby. I've had times where I've been severely depressed after 2 babies and others where things were better than great after others. Then there are the other more "normal" times where I "just" have monthly PMS (or should I say PMDD) None of it's good for me or for my family.

For thoughts and attitudes...the biggest help is the Word of God and seeking Him. It helps to have someone to talk to. A friend, a family member, a pastors wife, etc. I, in no way, am saying get counselling! I think there is a place for godly counsel, but do not think that counselors are all that good. (if you feel otherwise that's fine :) Make sure to get at least 15-20 minutes of sunshine everyday. Sound silly, but is actually very helpful! Try to exercise for at least 20 minutes a day (if you can't do it all at once, then break it up through out the day). Exercise helps your body create the "happy" hormones :D

Hormonal helps...Make sure to eat healthy foods, making sure to get an adequate amount of protein every day. Try to stay away from sugar, too many carbs, and caffeine. Take a good multi-vitamin, try to find one that actually breaks down in your system. Grocery store vitamins don't cut it :) Now the other things that I like to use that really work well...Femaprin by Nature's Way (follow directions on bottle), Calms Forte by Hyland's (follow directions on bottle), Calcium at night (make sure it has magnesium to help your body absorb it), B complex, B1 (thiamin) taken separately, Progesterone Cream (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off if you have a 28 day cycle, otherwise take 14 days from ovulation and stop once you start :), Damiana, and lots of water.

I have used this with great success for years. There are also many other herbs and homeopathics that help with calming and such...My homeopathic constitutional is Sepia and Staphysagria in addition there are several homeopathics to help with calming, Bach's Rescue Remedy is one. Also you can find lots of things for calming among herbs...Lemon Balm, kava kava, passion flower, valerian, etc... (google it :D)

I hope someone finds this helpful :D

No comments:

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP