Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jason Wesley

We were really excited to find out I was expecting baby #2. I took the test and left it in the bathroom, James read the results and told me. :D I was really hoping for a girl. At my ultrasound the technician wasn't allowed to tell me the sex til she had it confirmed with the head technician, but as she was doing the ultrasound I could see the parts and said "it's a boy". She was all surprised and said "you can see that?" Um duh, obviously I could! lol... I was slightly disappointed but was happy that James Michael was going to have a little brother.

I didn't have a very eventful pregnancy. I did get big quite quickly and everyone thought it was twins. But nope, just one BIG boy! I looked like a torpedo at the end :)

I had my appt on Friday the 20th, 5 days after my due date. She checked me and stripped my membranes. That was around 3 pm. By 4 pm I was in active labor. I called the midwife on call and she said I could come in or just wait til I wanted to come in. I decided to wait. Finally around 10 pm we decided to go in. I was at a 5 almost 6. So we of course stayed. I got to a 6 and stayed there for a few hours. They broke my water and I got to a 7 and stayed there for a few hours. They decided to give me some pitocin to speed things up. Um, yeah, that was a bad idea! Yes, it made things go faster, but it also made it much more painful. From that point I ended up getting 2 shots of stadol.

I finally got to 9 with a lip and the midwife said I could push with the next contraction and she would push it off. So I did and with just a few minutes of pushing at 4:43 am October 21st, I gave birth to a chunky 8 lb 2 oz dark haired, dark eyed, beautiful baby boy!

We named him Jason Wesley, after my husband cousin/best friend who died of CF. His middle name is the same as my husbands.

He is a very smart and talented boy. Very athletically and musically inclined. In just one semester he went through an entire piano course. He loves to wrestle with his brother and is just through and through BOY!

Don't have many pictures since he was born pre-digital camera :) But are some recent ones!







Blessings, ♥T

No comments:

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP