Thursday, January 19, 2012

Makenzie Emma

We were very happy to find out I was pregnant with baby #4. In February when I was 9 weeks I started bleeding. Went for an U/S and it showed that the baby was only 6 weeks and we couldn't see a heartbeat. My midwife had me do an HCG count. It did not double in the 48 hrs like it was supposed to. In fact it barely went up. I was very distressed and tried to prepare myself for a miscarriage. My MIL came and stayed with us for a week so I could be on bedrest. I stopped bleeding and nothing happened. 3 weeks later I went in for another U/S and it showed a very healthy 9 week baby. Apparently my dates were off, though we don't know what caused the bleeding.

After that everything went well. I went to CA in July to be in my sisters wedding. James and I went to Hawaii right after and had a great time! Not easy though to explore Hawaii when you're great with child :)

At my last official appt she was in a breech position. My mom came out a week before my due date. My labor started on Saturday morning on the 25th, 3 days before my due date. I thought for sure I was going to have a baby early for a change. The midwife came out and checked me. I was only to a 3 and the contractions were starting to space out. I continued like this all day Saturday and Sunday. Sunday evening I went to church to distract myself. Didn't help much. Monday I went to my midwife appt. No change and the contractions just kept getting strong and close and then petering out. The midwife checked her and she was still breech. Her heart rate was good and everything was great. While we were talking about having a breech birth I could feel the baby moving around and the midwife wanted to check her again before I left. She started feeling around and asked me if I had felt her moving around while we were talking. I said yes. She said "she's head down now". Craziness. She was very excited though as she doesn't get many breech babies. Since this was my 4th baby it was obvious I wouldn't have much problem with her head getting stuck. So she wasn't concerned if she turned again :)

We went home and things continued like this till the next day. On Tuesday contractions really got stronger, but would never stay regular. The midwife had said to keep track of them and call her when they got regular and stayed that way for an hour straight. That never happened, but at some point (I think in transition) I told my mom "I don't care if they're regular, call her now I want her here". So she called and the midwife was on her way. 15 minutes later my water broke. They called my midwife and let her know. She tried to hurry, but ended up getting in front of a highway patrol car. No speeding for her! Lol.

About 45 mins after my water broke I could feel her head coming. My mom was telling me not to push because she didn't know if my cervix was dilated or not. I thought to myself "doesn't matter her head is coming out, I must be dilated". I had to push, so I did. Her head came out and the midwife walked in. My mom started to move out of her way and the midwife told her to stay there! The midwife checked and there was a cord over one of her shoulders, which she pushed off and then I was able to push her the rest of the way out.

At 12:01 am, October 29th, Makenzie Emma came into the world into her Nana's hands! She was 8 lbs 8 oz and she did NOT come out breech! She turned again before she was born. She did have a knot in her cord though, so apparently she was always a very active baby ;)

Makenzie is a very laid back little girl. Loves pretty, girly things and loves babies. She is always a little mother to our new babies. She is very talented on the piano. She was a bit slow in her learning to read. She just finally in the last few months started reading and is so happy about it.

Blessings, ♥T

No comments:

Blog template by

Back to TOP