Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happenings

This last month has been quite, well boring actually :) We haven't done much. Our school is going OK. I think we've finally gotten everything worked out. Hopefully! I've been sick, again. Sinus infections, ear infection, seasonal asthma and allergies. Wiped out is putting it lightly. I finally went to the Dr, it just wasn't going away. So I'm slowly feeling better now. Somehow I am REALLY backed up on laundry. Although I always have a ton of laundry to do, I usually am not backed up like this. Not really sure how it happened either. So I've been slowly chipping away on it every day.

James put up shelves in what is supposed to be the kids play room. I had intended to organize in there this weekend, but it's just not working out that way. But this week sometime I will be getting to it.

The kids have been playing outside, riding bikes and having a great time in all this warm weather we've been having. We have baby chicks, baby ducks, and bunnies! The kids love it! We also have geese now too! We ended up having to get rid of the donkeys. They wouldn't stay on our property and were kicking our neighbors calves. Somehow they figured out how to go through an electric fence! Still have the goats minus 3 we sold today. We aren't selling all of them, but are shrinking our herd a bit. Kathleen thinks Kessie is her baby, carries her all over the place. Don't think that'll last long though since Kessie is getting quite big!

My kids are so sweet. The girls were doing the dishes today and singing. It was so awesome and I wanted to film it, but the batteries died just as I started to!!! :( I was so sad. Emily said to me the other day "Mommy I love you! You're so clever. You're so smart at making dinner. You're pretty too!" LOL...(spaghetti is what I was making!) The girls were all shocked the other day too. I had cut my foot on something (couldn't find what) and had put it in the sink to clean it. They were all "WOW, mom you're so flexible! How are you doing that?!" LOL...I used to be called Gumbi growing up when I was in gymnastics. Then last night Makenzie says to me that I can't ride a bike...cause I'm too OLD!!! Can you believe it?! I'm NOT OLD! :D Silly girl! I love my kids! They make me laugh, they make me happy, they make my heart feel like it's going to burst!

I'm going to be finishing up a few more loads of laundry today and getting ready for church in the morning. I'm also going to start writing down all the things I want to do every day, every week, every month. I really want to get us back on a schedule. I think things just go so much smoother that way. In a large family things can get chaotic so quickly without one. I'm hoping to stop at the Dollar store tomorrow and get some poster board to use for our schedule. I'll have to get 2 to have enough room for us all though! LOL

I am reading through the Bible in 90 days. It's going good. I'm a couple days behind, but will catch up today and tomorrow. There are so many interesting things in there! Like did you know that Balaams donkey was a girl? Some of the"laws" are funny too. Or this Leviticus 15:33 And of her that is sick of her flowers... Or this Job 5:2 For wrath killeth the foolish man, and envy slayeth the SILLY one. And this Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God WINKED at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:...I just find stuff like this so funny! God definitely has a sense of humor!

Blessings, ♥T

No comments:

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP