Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Flu!

Bleh! The Flu! Personally I believer they are purposely engineering these illnesses for the public, but...We have it! Emily is so bad she's been on the couch for 2 days now. Her eyes are completely bloodshot! She looks terrible!!! I now have 2 more (the 2 littlest) coming down with fevers. Unfortunately I don't know if it's the flu for them or not. Not only is the flu going around, so is strep and croup and some stomach bug. So the doctor prescribed Tamiflu. I'm not too sure about using it. I just don't feel good about it. Following is a list of what I'm doing. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Colloidal Silver 3x a day

Vitamin C 1500ml+ a day

Vitamin D 4000IU a day

A liquid multivitamin

I have GSE, but haven't been using it, I will use some tomorrow

Garlic (internally and in the ears)

Peroxide in the ears (Did you know that the flu is transmitted through the ear canal?)

I think I'm gonna have them gargle with salt water too

Lots of warm water, bubbly hand washing and hand sanitizer

I hate using it, but for the high fevers (when they've had it for a while and are completely lethargic, shaky and totally miserable!) I give Tylenol or Ibuprofen. But I usually always give less that what's recommended.

I so wish we could not be sick! It's not just my family, the whole church seems to be coming down with stuff. It just is so difficult for us to get over it, with so many people in the house.

We did have a rather funny time at the doctors though...Jason went to lean against the wall, but somehow he missed the wall and his feet slipped straight out, so he was laying on the ground! We all laughed so hard. I was crying I was laughing so hard! I was really hoping they didn't hear me and think something was wrong. Especially since I was being a "nice" mom and calling him a dork! LOL Makenzie did something too that was really funny, but alas, we have all forgotten what it was! (I took Jason, Makenzie, Emily and Zachary)

No comments:

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP