Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happenings

I was feeling really down the other day, but then the very next day I was reminded again what an awesome God we have! We had 2, yes TWO, poopy toilet over flows, Not fun cleaning that up, but then we also had a very funny homeschooling day, the kids and James made me laugh so many times today, it was hard to be down. I tried to not be too irritable, didn't quite succeed, but I'm not mad at least! Then here I am all discouraged because I can't get the things I really wanted for the kids for Christmas (silly since I don't want them getting a ton of "things") and the first box of stuff from my MIL got here. She ordered the stuff I had told her we wanted from Vision Forum. Now I gave her a very long list of things, mind you. The things that were in the box were the 3 most important things I was wanting right now! Of course you know that's how God works! I can't wait for the kids to get them, I'm probably more excited than they will ever be, but that's ok, because I love it when God reminds me He's bigger than my silly little problems!


Otherwise, things have been going O.K., Zachary is getting over his pneumonia. Kathleen is very cranky, but getting over her croup. She was so bad Sunday night she was throwing up from coughing so hard. School is getting down, albeit slowly. There are some things that I'm still tweaking to work for us. I want school to be simple and enjoyable. We are getting to that point :)


 We are having friends over this Thursday and a church Christmas dinner on Friday. Alissa (my step-daughter) will be here next Tuesday. The kids are looking forward to Christmas. I am looking forward to some relaxing...hahaha, that's not too likely ;) The kids are enjoying the new dogs. We have a 2 yr old female lab/pyrenees, Buttercup, and a 14 week old male lab/pyrenees, Prince. I don't really like animals that much, but oh well. We are going to start with training them this week. So much to do, so little time to do it. 


I still want to make some diapers. I need to switch back to cloth full time. Antibiotics and rashes made me go disposable. I am making some diaper cream that's cloth safe, hopefully it'll turn out. I am trying to slowly go more homemade with things. I make my own laundry detergent, cloth diaper, now the diaper cream and making diapers. I am thinking of making my own mascara as reading the side effects link with using it kind of makes me wonder if it could be causing my hormonal imbalances. Thinking of making my own soap too.


Well my break is over, I need to finish eating so we can start on school.



No comments:

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP