Saturday, August 21, 2010

Going Ons!

Well, a lot is going on around here. Some good, some bad. We no longer have a phone, which I hate. We have internet, but for who knows how long. My sister had her baby, I didn't get to be there. I can't wait to see him. The kids are finally all healthy. Zachary's a bit fussy, but I think he's getting his top teeth. He's growing like a weed. The Lord's been dealing with me a lot. Through many different situations. I am trying (it's very difficult) to lean on Him and Him alone and trust that He will take care of everything. Is. 42:16  And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not knownI will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straightThese things will I do unto them, and not forsake them. Has become my new life verse. He is leading me in a way and on paths I don't know and He will show me the light in all the darkness. All the bad things in my life. And he will make all the crooked, messed up things in my life straight. He is a good God. I know He is in control, I just need to give things to Him and not take them back. That is usually my problem. I take things back. I don't like feeling like I'm not in control. It's the perfectionist in me. And the self-sufficiency in me. It is so awesome how He works and when things happen and you know it's got to be Him cause it's just impossible otherwise it's just the most awesome thing in the world. We are starting to get things accomplished and hopefully we can get them taken care of quickly so we can move. I really want to be close to my family. I hate being so far away from them. I want my kids to grow up knowing their grandparents and cousins and Aunts and Uncles. And vice versa! 


I have been reading my Bible more. I'm reading through James. It always seems as if at least 2 or 3 verses are speaking directly to me. 


I have been doing school with the kids more. I'm not too worried about doing it everyday, or doing it for a long period of time. We are just working on reading, devotions, and our logic book. The kids are enjoying it so I will keep it that way for a while. I want them to enjoy school not dread it. I think I'm gonna have them start doing math flash cards with each other. They think it's a game and have fun and they learn! Although I figure they're getting plenty of math in the games they already play. Adding scores and such. And they have been doing some cooking too which requires division and multiplication. 


I am not doing my food journal. I am trying to change the way I eat but I will find out Monday if I'm diabetic and then I will change the way I eat to work with that. I need to know in order to know which diet I can do.


Well, I guess I'd better go watch the kiddos :)

No comments:

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP